This was the week of pumpkin patches for us...and I'll have to say I'm pumpkin patched out! Each was unique and different, and fun to see different groups of friends...but I've had my fill until next year I think! :)
We love when our teacher friends are on vacation! Giada, Steph & I got to spend the day with Bre and Peyton at Willow Fog Pumpkin Patch in Wilton. What a cute place. It was busy in the morning with all the kids there on field trips, then cleared out and the girls had the place to themselves!
The girls were very concerned about this little goat that kept getting out on the other side of the fence. So they kept feeding it all their food!
The girls were very serious about their water pumping!
Thanks Auntie Steph for the free ride!
Peyton loved the horse swing ...
And Giada loved the telescope...
Snack time before the hay ride.
Day 2 we were off to Joans Farm in Livermore to meet up with Cuneos and Lorbers. Giada is very "2" these days. We have a day of excellent listening and good behavior...and the next day might not be quite as great! Good thing is on those days...there is always tomorrow! This was one of those days. Cute place, we had a picnic and fed the animals. Giada and Tali would have been happy just feeding those animals all day! We wandered around, the girls played with pumpkins, trains, hay bails, and the corn maze! Jenny and I will have to admit - we did get lost and I wasn't sure we weren't going to have to rummage our way through the corn stalks to get out. Jenny found the exit somehow. It was quite the maze for our mom and pop pumpkin patch! Looking forward to our next play date girls.
Day 3 - Annual trip to Phillips Farms. For this age Phillips is perfect. I don't think they have updated a thing since the 80s...but that's just how you remember coming as a kid, so that makes it okay! Marla and JZ joined us, it was a great visit with them, and we ran into the Hilders for lunch - what a treat! Giada enjoyed Kerry of course feeding her bacon and soda!
Annual picture in the pumpkin head!
Giada took his hand and was showing him around....
Loves Raggedy Ann..and thought she needed a hug
After the Turkey tried to eat JZ's finger Giada said "Lets get out of here, that turkey is being mean"
I asked her, "Where are you going on your tractor ride??" "San Diego" she answers.....how does she come up with this stuff. When have we even talked about San Diego! Adj, Hager, Jess, Filices....Guess she is ready to come visit!
Photo opp...not going so well, the sun was in their eyes, among other things...good thing the month is only half over...many more opportunities ahead!
She is still talking about holding the baby bunny.
Thanks nana for the free ride!
Oops...don't forget Gino too!
Annual pic! We love nana being retired :)
Saturday we had an oil event at Williams Sonoma in SF. I love getting pictures when I'm away. Giada spent a lot of time playing with her dolls that she has named "Gina & Scott"
Dylan turned 3! They celebrated in Disneyland, but Giada wanted to celebrate with her friend too. So, we invited ourselves over on Sunday and the kids had a great day playing and celebrating. Any excuse for a cupcake ...right!? Happy Birthday D!
Earlier this week we found a frog in the back of Mike's truck. It was the highlight of the day. We kept it for a few hours until we could convince her to put it in the water fountain with the fish. But we told her she should name it. She said... Holy Moly(my parents frog name) or Patsy(her great aunt) Mike and I laughed and said...you want to name it Patsy? And she said no...Patsy is a peoples name. She has a thing with Patsy about frogs and every frog is associated with Patsy, but its funny every time.
- Very into pretending....this morning she had her umbrella and she told Mike it was raining...he said I dont see any drops.... she says we can pretend! And sure enough in a few moments the whole family was being kept safe from the rainstorm under the umbrella. Another favorite she has is sharks are on the ground and you have to jump up onto whatever is around (couch, chair, bed) to make sure they don't get you!
Another one...she was playing in the garage and came in with Mikes cowboy boots on.."Dad you want some money?" He says "where" She says "in my boot" and pulls out cat food... He says "thats not money, thats cat food" " No, its not cat food, it's money, we can pretend"
- If you go out to the garage or out of her sight...when you come back she asks "How was your trip?" So you have to come up with a clever answer and she says "How was my trip?" ...wanting you to ask her back, it's cute.
- Any other parents kids watch Mickey Mouse Club....then you know about Funny Bunny Pete...often we are on the lookout for him! He is hiding everywhere at our house.
- She will walk around with her eyes closed pretending to be sleeping....and sometimes walks right into something (wall, table) she thinks it's hysterical.
- She is using words like "yesterday, tomorrow, Sunday" it all means anything other than today
- I told her she was a good girl when she got her hair cut the other day, she answered " yeah, I know"
- Potty training has stopped. I'm over it for now and need a break. :) It is half working.....Keep you posted and spare you the details here!
-One of her favorite games is "I was on a walk and I saw....." we go back and forth for a long time...you'd be amazed at what we come across on our walks!
- 3 months old, I can't believe it
- Easy, calm baby...really only gets upset when he is hungry and he lets you know real quick
- Sleeps the same, few hours at a time, nothing really too great
- Apparently he has rolled over. I guess he did at the Kerns Sunday but I was playing with the older kids and missed it....I'm still not convinced ;) but Ill be watching for it!!
- Smiling a lot, almost laughing
- Enjoying swing and bouncer more often
- Real good head control still
- Loves being on his tummy and standing up, just like Giada
- Might....move him to his crib soon
- Likes being swaddled at night