Monday, May 9, 2011

Breast Cancer Run, Oil Event, Mothers Day


This weekend was no different than any other for us - busy!

Saturday we had the annual Breast Cancer Susan G Komen run and brunch. Small group this year but fun none the less. I definitely enjoy running over walking but the company was great- always love the time with the girls.

Then it was off to celebrate Kaili's 3rd birthday at the park. Strawberry Shortcake Theme and one of the best cakes I've ever had. Noelle we need that recipe!!


After that Jeanne and I headed to Lincoln Center to do an oil tasting at a Fashion Show. It was different than normal events we do, but fun to see what the designers had come up with. We had a favorite, the rest were not outfits you would see people walking around in Lodi thats for sure! Thanks Nicole for inviting us. Nicole and I are a month apart so we had so fun taking pictures on the red carpet!


Mothers Day was nice, I got to sleep in and then Giada woke me up with a handmade card and gift. We watched a movie in bed, then headed over to brunch with Mikes family at Phillips Farms. It was nice to visit with everyone, and Giada could spend hours feeding the animals, and chasing the chickens roaming about. I forgot to take a group pic, but grabbed one of Giada on the tractor and Nonno teaching her the game of Bocce.

We came home for a nap, then headed to my parents for a Mothers Day/Birthday Dinner.
Giada enjoyed playing with Steph in the tent - all you could hear was a ton of laughter coming from there.



This weekend my phone completely died. I'm so sad that I lost all my videos of Giada. I wasn't good at downloading those. I should have a new phone soon, it's so weird not to have one! I've been phoneless since Saturday. If you have an iphone- back up now!!

SO- I also lost my list of notes of what Giada does/says for the week. Below are the few I can remember.
-Mom is having baby brother, I'm having baby sister
-After my dad put down cocoa bark in his yard she was saying: I'm walking in hot chocolate. I have hot chocolate on my feet!
-She's big this week on - I do it Let's play a game...you sit there....
-She has been using some choice words that we aren't a fan of so we are trying to be much more careful of what we say. We lasted longer than I thought for her to start directly repeating things.
-Sydney reached her long tongue out the other day to get a treat from Giadas hand and she said " Like the Giraffe does" - I am always surprised when she associates two completely different things. You forget how much their brain is absorbing.

I'm 29 weeks!
The say - Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons.

-My stomach is feeling very tight and out of room. So I'm sure the belly is due for a growth spurt. He is constantly moving around. All day and night. I'm still sleeping well and that cough seems to have gone away which is great. Dr appt tomorrow, and then I think I move to 2 week appts- scrary! Im STILL working on clearing out his room, and making SLOW progress. Im still looking at bedding and have found nothing Im in love with. I can feel hard things pushing my stomach but Im not sure if it is a foot or hand.

Until next week....

No comments: